There are many reasons why we love dogs. For starters, dogs are unconditionally loving, cuddly, playful, always there when you need them and serve as the best kind of companion. There’s no question dogs are humans best friends. But do you know all there is to know about your best friend? Here are 10 interesting facts about dogs that will help you understand your pet a little bit better.
1. A Dog’s Sense of Smell is 10,000 – 100,000 Times More Acute Than Humans
2. The Average Dog is as Intelligent as a Toddler
3. Dogs Can See Colors Like Blue, Yellow, Green and Various Shades of Gray
4. Dogs can be Therapeutic
5. Humans and Dogs Have Been Best Friends for About 33,000 Years
6. Dogs Drink Water by Making the Backs of Their Tongues Into Mini Cups
7. Dogs Only Have Sweat Glands in Their Paws
8. A Dog’s Whiskers Can Help Them Get Around in the Dark and Warn Them About Danger
9. Dog’s Can Tell Time and Miss You When You Are Gone
10. Dogs Can Smell Your Feelings
Think about how easy forming human relationships would be if we could just smell the other person’s feelings. Dogs can pick up subtle changes in just by your scent. Changes you didn’t even know were happening! They can figure out how you’re feeling by smelling your perspiration, especially if you’re scared or nervous. Not only that, but they can detect certain diseases and even know if someone is pregnant. Just another amazing reason why dogs are awesome.